Saturday, January 1, 2011

LOOKING BACK AT 2010: ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL YEAR FOR ME

As we enter the New Year, I would like to thank God first for all his blessings and kindnesses upon my life. HE is my light and salvation. It is because of Him I have come this far by faith...and I am thankful that He stood by me at all times. 2010 was truely another great year of my life and studies in Texas,USA.

I would like to thank the Orchard's family (sponsor family---Dave, Marie and chidren, aunts and uncles, cousins, nephews) for their support toward to my stay and education in the United States. This is my third year living you and I am delighted as always to be part of this wonderful and loving family.

I also want to thank these special families,who are Dave and Marie friends, for their support. They are: the Johnson's family(Laurie and Rick), the Sutton's (Mark and Gail), the Wilkins' (Bonnie and Jim), the Keddy's (Peggy and Charlie), the Schnieder's (Kay and George)and the Lozano's (Patti and Alberto), the Powells' (Cecilia and Ernest)and other Deer Field neigbors. I have achieved great things because of your help.

Also, I would like to say a special thank you to my family in Liberia, my mom, dad, brothers and sisters and relatives for their prayers and words of encouragement. Hope they are having a wonderful holidays.

This year would not have been another great year for me without the above mentioned people prayer, educational and financial support. I would not have achieved the following this year without you. Thank you for being there for me...as always.

• Graduated from Lone Star College -CyFair in May with an associate degree and two professional certificates in Logistics Management;

• Graduated from the Lone Star College System Collegiate Leadership Institute (CLI) in April with a Leadership Certificate;

• Recognized by NASA in May for the second time for participating in a project that is currently up in space at the International Space Station;

• Went to nationals in Surprise, Arizona in April for the second time and won the National Copper Division Tennis Championship Title with my college tennis team;

• Worked as a Student Outreach and Retention (SOAR) leader on campus (as a way to give back some of my time and talents) and helped orient 2200 new students in the summer and approximately another 120 in the fall;

• Received the Lone Star College-CyFair Outstanding Club Member of the Year Award

• Inducted as Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society member;

• Volunteered for Habitat for Humanity, Thanksgiving Food Drive, Adopt-a-Highway, Adopt-a-Soldier, Speical Olympics Clinic, Adopt-an-Angel project, Helped collect gift items and donation for St. Dominic Home Retired Priests, and ran in the 2010Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure;

• Won my fifth singles championship titles at Lone Star College-CyFair Fall Invitational Tennis Tourney in November

• Served as president for the Catholic Student Union (CSU) and president for the Supply Chain Industry and Distribution Organization (SIDO) on campus;

• Have one more class at CyFair to obtain a second degree in associate of arts (AA), which I hope to complete in the summer;

• Finally, ended this fall semester with a 3.7 GPA (semester) and an accumulative GPA of 3.56 and 111 college credits.

I am proud of all my achievements this year.I am also very excited to start another college life at the University of Houston in January.

I wish you and your family a God filling New Year. Once again, thank you for your help.

2011 Resolution:

My primary resolutions this year are to continue to pray for world peace, love and humanity for places that are still undergoing internal and external instabilities.

SEE MY 2010 VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT MY DAYS AT LSC-CYFAIR AND OTHER RECENT PHOTOS ( at nationals and state tournaments, with family, at community service projects and at professional development events).

No comments: